Thursday, June 18, 2020

First month

Soo, I arrived in October 2019, in Belgrade and we drove until Reșița. 

First Impressions : Weird enough I don't know how  I expected Romania to be but it wasn't difficult for me to adapt. The town  has a lot of industries and is smaller that what I'm used too but has also its charm I guess. We're surrounded by hills and nature. 
I was more suprised by how many volunteers we are, to be fair. I didn't expect to have five roommates, who already 've been here for a lot of months. But being a big group has also its assets and I got to meet people from all around and outside Europe. Which is really a good experience. 

Activities : I got one week to adapt and foolow the others to their activities. It was interesting, I got to see different kinds of establishment as well of different way of creating activities. From assisting to a course of traditional dance in an elderly center,  painting with the kids of a center for disabilities to running with the kids from a roma school. It was pretty fun. 
Also difficult, when I had to run activities (usually we work by pair or by three if there are a lot of children but never alone). Particularly, cause we don't speak romanian and we have to ask someone to translate (which sometimes makes the dynamics more difficult with the children). Also in some schools we have to deal with group children where there is a big age gap between them so it's difficult to know which activities to do and how to interest them. 


july

                                      🎵 Hey!  Things started to go back to how they were..  We're going twice a week in a v...